“Improving the lives of our customers is at the heart of DPU. This new format will help customers understand their usage and manage their bill,” said DPU Director Bob Steidel.
The new design is in direct response to customer feedback and best management practices from other utility companies. Only the newly formatted design has changed; everything else regarding your public utility bills and payments will remain the same. You may continue to pay your bill using the following options:
- Automated Utility Payment Plan (AUPP) that allows customers to receive a paper bill and authorize DPU to deduct the monthly utility charges from their checking or savings account when the bill is due.
- Online bill payment at www.RichmondGov.com/DPU
- In-person at City Hall in Room 115, 900 E. Broad Street, East District at 701 North 25th Street, or Southside Community Center at 4100 Hull Street.
- Payment drop box at City Hall after hours located on 10th Street between Broad and Marshall streets.
- Western Union – Over 100 payment locations throughout the city of Richmond and Henrico County. (Locations available on DPU’s web site)
- Mail your bill to City of Richmond Department of Public Utilities, P.O. Box 26060, Richmond, VA 23274-0001
DPU has a variety of ways for customers to manage and pay their utility bills. The EMPP (Equal Monthly Payment Plan) calculates and divides residential customer utility bill charges into 12 equal monthly installments, so no surprises.
Please continue to contact the 3-1-1 Call Center at 311 (for customers within the City of Richmond) or DPU Customer Care at (804) 646-7000 with any questions regarding your bill. Utility bills continue to be due within 30 days of receipt. If the due date falls on a weekend or holiday, the bill will be due the next business day.