The free water supplied through the water fill stations is a great way to add value to your event. The stations have both drinking and spigot taps, suitable for a quick thirst quencher or to refill a water bottle. There's even a bottom spigot to collect water for dogs.
The stations are built of powder-coated steel and heavy duty plastic to withstand any weather, and nothing spills to create mud around the station. The molded splash pan catches the extra water and the drain hose moves it away from the fountain.
Water stations minimize waste and reduce clean-up by encouraging people to reuse their plastic water bottles. Use the stations to reduce your event's environmental footprint and promote sustainable practices.
The stations have been featured at the UCI Bike Race, Carytown Watermelon Festival, Bon Secours Washington Football Training Camp, and come with 10-foot flags so they can be easily located.
The requirements for a station are:
- Event must be in the city of Richmond
- Event must be family-friendly and open to the public
- Event must occur during daylight hours
- Desired station location must be within one foot of a fire hydrant, the water source for the unit
- Desired station location must have adequate clearance for a service truck to deliver and remove it
- The event promoter must have a $1 million general liability insurance policy that will cover the cost of repair and/or replacement of the station if they are damaged or destroyed during the event
- Requests must be received at least three weeks in advance of the event
For more information or to submit a rental request, call 646-5200 or contact the Events Office, 646-0524.